Total Pageviews

Friday, June 17, 2011

Sundown Golf

Summer played a tournament in Sundown a little town in west Texas the other day and what a terrible experience. She was paired with a young lady from Frendship a nice Hispanic girl. But her father was out of control the second hole his daughter hit her ball in to a dry spot on the fairway and the directer said to play the ball up in the fairway one club length and down in the rough. So he said well if she drops the ball and takes relief then if she is still in the dry spot then she can take more relief until she moves the ball twenty yards over to a green spot. That is when I said that is a manipulation of the rule and it is going to be 108 today we don't have enough time to get that started. Let them just play. The next think I know the tournament director is talking to me about how I am not suppose to be coaching my daughter. And this little guy from Frendship has called him and said I was coaching and I was not I was just walking and talking to Summer as she played. So I started to walk one shot ahead the way the rules state a spectator is to behave
After a couple of hole Summer tells me this guy is still lining his daughter up. He is not talking to her he gets behind her and when she address the ball she looks back at him and if he steps to the right she correct her stance that way if he steps to the left she correct her swing that way. And apparently the girl does not do good in math because the second hole she shot a 8 and said it was a seven the next she shot a 7 and put down a 6 so there is a pattern developing. That is so sad the girl is not good enough to cheat but she does it anyway.And her father is putting so much pressure on her to play good she has to cheat.If you can't have fun playing golf you can't play golf it's that simple. And when you are a kid come on. This is what is wrong with organized sports.



 


    .      

No comments:

Post a Comment