Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Church of Christ

I was on the golf course one day at my favorite club. One I had been a member at for some time and pretty comfortable there. I knew a lot players there and was always looking to meet new ones as time went by.And it was summer in the lone star so naturally it was hot as hell. So when I seen this guy walking. A few holes ahead of me I knew I would catch up to him. After a couple of holes sure enough we were there on the same tee box.So I gave him the standard response I can play with you or I can play through it does not matter to me. Then I added its a lot easier to ride than it is to walk in this heat. He said that makes sense so we would just finish out the back nine together. So as we started to play the conversation is always  the same when you first meet someone well what do you do. You see in America you are who you are based on what you do.That being said he proudly told me he was a retired school principal. So I thought a collage guy a educated fellow someone who is obviously  rational and astute. I will be able to talk about things with this man and  have a truly interesting conversation. And so it was to start weather sports local affairs. This guy was on point with everything. Then out of the blue he said do you believe in God. And of course I said Yes I don't think you can get around some kind of Creator. Then he said well I am a deacon at the Church of Christ and if you are not a church of Christ you are going to hell and that is just the way it is. Then he looked at me and said have you been saved and I said yes. And now dude get the fuck out of my golf cart and take you stupid ass on down the road. And never I mean never speak to me again..I have no room in my life for blatant stupidity. Religious arrogance is one of the most dangerous mental disorders in the world.... And should be confronted every steep of the way. Don't let this idiocy take hold in your town...Wither they be Muslims Jews Morons or the Church of Christ's                   

No comments:

Post a Comment