Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Paul

 My happiest day of all was the day that I met Paul
 He wasn't very big actually he was small
 He is my only son so soon he will be tall
 My happiest day of all was the day that I met Paul

There at the hospital as proud as I could be
 Shaking hands and smoking the cigars were all on me
 He had the prettiest hand his eyes were as blue as the sea
There at the hospital as proud as I could be

The doctor had a question something didn't look just right
His hands were a little soft his eyes were just not bright
There lay my son their was troubles in this night
The doctor had a question something didn't look just right

Another day of waiting then the verdict it was in
He would never be the man I had hoped to begin
This really hurts to tell you your son will never be right
You see he has Downs syndrome that will be his plight

The pain and the guilt I just can't compare
What did I do to ruin my sons affairs
How did this happen who is there to blame
I just need some answers before I go insane

There will never be the answers nor a reason why
Just the cold hard facts that this will be his cry
He will never have a life a life like you and I
There will never be an answer  nor a reason why


My son Paul a happy boy?????????

1 comment: