Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 13, 2010

B.B. Practice

 Well today was our first basketball practice with our MOB team I am the coach and Summer is my assistant
  we are trying to give back for all the great coaches Summer has had over the last 6 years And let me tell you it is a lot easier to coach a team that does not have your daughter on it as a player.
 We started with the old layup drill two lines right hand first then left. Then we went to the three person weave working on our passing. After that we did the star drill passing passing passing. I had the girls play a little three on two just to see how they handled the ball. Then I gave them the speech The most important thing in basketball is 1 keep you eye on the ball 2 Protect your self at all times 3 there is no I in team 4 have fun this is a game. 5 Your going to win some your going to lose some and some get rained out.6 don't be to serious don't be scared. Then back to practice and learning to rebound get the ball to the out side lanes and push the ball run the  fast break They tell me the other teams are going to press so we worked on breaking the press and our free throws. After a short meeting with the parents it was over all and all a nice hour. 

1 comment: