Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Adjusting Katrina

I was in Natchez Mississippi
Yea I was traveling in the south
I went down that big river
Down to her mouth.
To the town of New Orleans
Where they play that music so loud.

I was down in Louisiana
Yea I was work-in on that storm
I saw the devastation
But I had been forewarned
Down in Louisiana
Where the land had been torn

Women and children were crying
And the men just stood and stared
Oh the women and children were crying
There was heart ache in the air
Down in Louisiana
You could see Katrina had been there

I went to Mobile Alabama
To learn this job for good  pay
Went through Gulfport Mississippi
Man it just got blown away
Then I was back in Louisiana
Work-in night and day

Katrina was a killer
She took a lot of life
Rita was a ripper man
She cut just like a knife
The hurricanes that year
Didn't play to nice

If your down in Louisiana
With the trees and Spanish moss
Best be careful my friend
If the wind starts getting cross
Cause you mite be in trouble
Down where Hurricanes are the boss

No comments:

Post a Comment