Total Pageviews

Friday, December 10, 2010

Will

I was talking to a guy the other night before our basketball game and another man asked a question would you rather have tall players or smaller ball handlers and he replied ball handlers for sure big tall players that are awkward don't make good basketball players small quick players always are better. Now this man has been coaching basketball for a long time and has had good teams and not so good teams so there is a lot of sense in what he is saying however for my money I want a little of both tall players to rebound and shoot and ball handlers to move it around and set things up but most of all I want players with the will to win.
Everybody wants to win but some people just take it on themselves that they are going to do the things it takes to get it done. These are the people who win game win championships win all the little battles in every game run faster jump higher are more aggressive more determined hustle more rebounds more shots the game is on the line they want the ball no fear missing never enters there mind. These are the players you want on your team I am fortunate this year in that I have three of these players on my team. One has all the skills in the world a great ball handler shooter fast tall she has it all and the will to go with it. Next is a player with limited skills almost none but with shear will she is a great player. Then there is an under age player with no skills but pure hustle she makes an impact in every game. Because she simply wants to play. Give me a team of those players everytime I like my chances. Even if we don't win they will be trying and getting better.....
Heart will power what ever you want to call it that is what seperates players from everyone else..

No comments:

Post a Comment